The Library will be moving to a new interface to the Library catalog in June. Features of the new NEIU Library Catalog include:
- Cleaner, simpler look and feel with improved response times
- Choice of your own username and password to access your library account
- Ability to narrow your searches with simple clicks (“faceted searching”)
- Options for adding comments and tags to catalog records
- Direct links to Google Book Search for brief previews
Plus, the same convenience of one-click requesting from I-Share is still available. If NEIU doesn’t own a book you need, just click
Request this item to borrow the book from another academic library in Illinois.
You will need to create a new account to request materials from I-Share libraries and view your library account. Visit
Your Account in the NEIU Library Catalog to create a new account or read our Instructions for Creating a New Account in the NEIU Library Catalog for more information.
Changes have already been made to the I-Share catalog for requesting. Go to https://i-share.carli.illinois.edu/all/vf to use the new I-Share catalog.
We are still working on the final look of the NEIU Library Catalog but a preview can be found at http://vufind.carli.illinois.edu/vf-nei/.
Want more information? Come by the Reference Desk on the 1st floor of the Library for a personal tour.